Bentworth Class of 2020 Scholarship Information:
- Lucy A. Valero Scholarship – Applicants must be planning on enrolling in an approved undergraduate program for teacher education. Materials are available in the counseling office. DUE: JANUARY 31, 2019
- TRIB Total Media Journalism Scholarship ($7,500) – Applicants must be planning on majoring in Journalism, English Writing or Communication, have a 3.25 GPA and complete a summer internship at Trib Total Media. Applications are available in the counseling office. DUE: December 31, 2019
- Good Orthodontics Scholarship, $500: Open to past and current patients of Good Orthodontics in Washington, Pleasant Hills and Mount Lebanon. Application materials are in the counseling office and the deadline to submit to Good Orthodontics is FEBRUARY 1, 2020
- National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship, $,4000: Open to any senior athlete. Application materials are available in the counseling office and are due by JANUARY 13, 2020.
- PA American Legion Scholarships – the following scholarships are available at
- Essay Contest: open to any 9-12th grade student. Essay length is 500-1000 words DUE: January 17, 2020
- Oratorical Contest: open to any 9-12th grade student. Consists of two parts, one a memorized oration and an ex temporary oration on an assigned topic DUE: January 5, 2020
- Sebastianelli Drum Corps Scholarship, $500 – Open to an senior who is a grandchild of a PA Legionnaire (living or decease), and is a member of the high school band and going on to higher education with a major in music.
- Joseph P. Gavenonis Scholarship: Open to any senior who is a grandchild of a PA Legionnaire who is seeking a four-year degree at a Pennsylvania college or university
- Robert W. Valimont Endowment: Open to any senior who is a grandchild of a PA Legionnaire who is seeking a two-year career-oriented education or training in a less-than-four-year program.
- Robert Trace Essay Contest, $500: Open to any student ages 15-18 who is a grandchild of a PA Legionnaire or PA Soldier killed as a result of war on terrorism. 300-500 word essay on the topic “Patriotism and Citizenship –What America means to me?”
- The NEED Leadership Scholarship, $5,000: Open to African-American seniors with a 3.5 unweighted GPA. Application information is available in the guidance office and due back to Ms. Motycki by NOVEMBER 26, 2019.
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards: Young volunteers in grade 5-12 can complete an online application. Students must have engaged in a volunteer activity after September 1, 2018. Applications due online by November 5, 2019 at spirit.prudential.com
- University of Pittsburgh’s Army ROTC Scholarship: Successful applicants must agree to enter Army Service following undergraduate graduation. Information available in the guidance office. DUE: January 27, 2020
- Berkshire Hathaway Scholarship - $1000, for up to four years. Applicants must be planning on attending a college, university or two-year university and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applications are available in the guidance office. DUE: January 3, 2020
- California University of PA Rutledge Institute Scholarship (full tuition) Applications must be attending CalU in the fall majoring in Early Childhood Education. More information can be found at calu.edu/rutledge DUE: November 15, 2019
- George H. Block Conservation Scholarship: Applicants must be a resident of Washington or Fayette County and have an interested/experience in conservation. Applications are available in the Counseling Office. DUE: December 31, 2019
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarship: Applicants must be a senior, have a family gross income of less than $50,000 and be a US Citizen. Applications are available at scholars.horatioalger.org DUE: October 25, 2019
- Cameron Impact Scholarship: (Full tuition) Applicants must complete the online application found at: https://www.bryancameroneducationfoundation.org/cameron-impact-scholarship submit two letters of recommendation and an official transcript. DUE: September 13, 2019 at NOON.
- School House Connection Scholarship: ($2,000) Applicants must be currently considered to have homeless status. Applications available at https://www.schoolhouseconnection.org/youth-leadership/scholarship-program/ DUE: November 20, 2019